Tuition and Fees
Learn about how to afford your NDS education
Paying for NDS at NC State
Tuition rates for NDS students follow the same payment rates as degree-seeking students. Tuition rates can be found on the Student Services Center Website.
- NDS students who are considered Post-Baccalaureate Studies (PBS) students will be charged at the graduate student rates. This means that PBS students taking ONLY undergraduate courses will be charged at the undergraduate student rate. However, if a PBS student enrolls in ANY graduate level courses, the entire semester will be charged at the graduate level tuition rate.
- NDS students who are classified as Undergraduate Studies (UGS) students will be charged at the same rate as an undergraduate student.
- NDS students who are only enrolled in Distance Education courses will be charged the Online and Distance Education rates.
Summer Sessions tuition rates differ from fall and spring rates. Visit the Student Services Center website to view Summer Sessions tuition and fees.
- Senior Auditor 65+ provides an opportunity for North Carolina residents 65 or older to audit courses at NC State tuition-free on a space available basis. Once admitted and enrolled, completed 65+ Waiver Forms can be mailed, faxed or hand delivered to Registration and Records:
Registration and Records
1000 Harris Hall, Campus Box 7313
Raleigh, NC 27695-7313
- Faculty and Staff Tuition Waiver provides an opportunity for eligible staff and faculty to have tuition waived for courses taken at University of North Carolina System Institutions. NC State permits the waiver of tuition for eligible full-time faculty and staff for up to three (3) courses per year through any UNC System school. Visit the University Cashier’s website to view instructions and regulations.