Review the requirements for remaining eligible to enroll at NC State
Enrollment Continuation Eligibility
In order to remain eligible to enroll in classes as an NDS student at NC State, students must:
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0
- Not exceed 30 credit hours of completed coursework as an NDS student at NC State
- Enroll at NC State no later than one year after being granted admission into the NDS program
If at least one of the above are not met, the student will be discontinued from the NDS at NC State program.
The NC State Department of Registration and Records calculates NDS eligibility at the conclusion of each term (including Maymester) and will communicate with any NDS students that become ineligible to continue in the NDS at NC State program.
Credit Hour Limit Waiver
If an NDS student has maintained a GPA of at least a 2.0 but has exceeded the 30 credit hour limit and wants to remain enrolled as an NDS student, the student is allowed to submit an appeal to continue enrollment.
Please contact the NDS Program Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to submit an appeal to continue NDS enrollment.
What does it mean to be discontinued from the NDS at NC State program?
NDS students who have been discontinued from the NDS at NC State program for any reason should take the following steps:
- Ensure any outstanding fees are paid to the university
- Return campus parking permits, if applicable
- Communicate with NDS Program Coordinators with any questions or concerns you may have
If you were discontinued while still eligible to enroll at NC State (your GPA was at least 2.0 and you have not exceeded the 30 credit hour limit), and would like to re-enroll in classes at NC State, you may re-apply to the NDS program.